Thursday, November 09, 2006

IMPORTANT Menteith update

After checking advance weather forecasts and a number of discussions with the management at Lake of Menteith tonight, the situation is as follows.

Saturday's Menteith event has not been cancelled as of tonight but the forecast is borderline, winds of 20 - 25mph with higher gusts expected.

Weather predictions 48 hours or more in advance are not an exact science and the weather could be better or worse than that forecast on the day.

Those wishing to travel up anyway will be able to fish provided the management at Menteith are happy it is safe to do so.

If the event is cancelled during the day, they will be offered the opportunity to fish another day next Saturday, November 25.

Anyone who would rather cancel can have their money refunded.

Committee members will tonight be contacting all those who have drawn places in case anyone misses this announcement.